|Certificate in Finance Management
(Awarded by the Edexcel London, UK)
Fact: CEE has achieved an 'A' grade in its External Verification report by Edexcel UK for 2009-12.
This unit will provide the learner an opportunity to understand the uses of finance in a business organization. It will help the learner analyze and read the various financial statements and determine their use in decision making for the management. This unit will also provide the learner the insight on budgeting and costing in a business. Finally the learner will derive techniques for the analyzing the financial performance of the business.
This course will enable the learner to achieve the following skills and knowledge:
- Examine the various sources of short and long term finance for a business and its influence on decision making
- Analyze the implications of finance as a resource within a business
- Identify and evaluate key financial information (budgeting and costing) used to make valuable financial decisions in business.
- Analyze and interpret general purpose financial statements used to determine the financial performance of a business.
- Short Term and long term sources of finance
- Influence of financial options selected ,Making the right choice
- Costs associated with Business
- Financial Decision analysis
- Recording of financial costs
- Budgeting process, Budget Preparation, Budgeting methods
- Project and Investment Appraisal
- Understanding Financial terms and Financial Documentation
- Interpreting Financial Statements
Students applying for the program would benefit more readily if they meet with one of the following :
- An appropriate Diploma
- An appropriate professional qualification
Mature executives who do not possess the above mentioned qualification but with substantial experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Student progress is monitored by continuous assessment. A variety of assessment methods will be used, for example, assignments, business style reports, case studies, logbooks, observations, oral presentations, personal audits, portfolios, role-play and projects. Students are graded at either Distinction, Merit, Pass or Fail
Length of Course
The program consists of 12 weeks of part-time study in the evenings (once every week). Lectures are supplemented with case studies, group projects and discussions throughout the program. Students share their experiences with other students to enhance their expertise in a range of areas, including competency in the common body of knowledge for human resource professionals.
Students who successfully complete the program will be awarded with the unit Certificate in Finance Management by Edexcel, London UK.
Status of Qualification
Advanced vocational qualification. Students may progress into the BTEC Advanced Diploma in Executive Business Management for further study.
AED 3,000/- for the entire program inclusive of Registration, books,
course materials, assessment, evaluations and the final
How to Apply
Centre for Executive Education
F12-14, Block # 6 Knowledge Village
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Tel: +971-4 390-0990 Fax: +9714 366-4684
Edexcel London, UK
Edexcel International has the widest range of academic and vocational qualifications available to schools, college and organizations worldwide. Edexcel is the largest international awarding body that is approved by the official UK authorities, the Qualification Curriculum Authority (QCA). As such our centres can be confident that their students are meeting rigorous standards of achievement, giving them the education and professional progression of their choice.
Edexcel – a passport to opportunity
BTEC qualifications are designed to produce students ready for the workplace or a degree program. Employers worldwide appreciate career-specific courses that keep up with the cutting edge of technology and latest industry practices. Universities recognize and understand the BTEC brand as a global guarantee of achievement. Students enjoy the work-related content because it provides important practical knowledge and skills that will enable them to secure the jobs they want. The employed enjoy the vocational content because they can retrain or gain higher level qualifications whilst in work.
In terms of scale:
- Edexcel qualifications are available in over 4000 schools, 450+ further education colleges, 100 higher education institutes, 500 employer organizations and 300 training providers in the UK
- There are over 2.5 million entries and registrations for Edexcel courses each year
- Over 1.5 million certificates are printed annually
- 400,000 students receive BTEC qualifications each year
- Edexcel operates in over 100 Countries around the world from Australia to Zimbabwe.
- To support Edexcel qualifications, we provide professional training and development for around 33,300 teachers and lecturers each year.