|Certificate in Human Resource Management
(Awarded by the Edexcel London, UK)
Fact: CEE has achieved an 'A' grade in its External Verification report by Edexcel UK for 2009-12.
The Certificate Program in Human Resources Management is designed in response to the important role of human resources (HR) management in any organization. It provides the students with the necessary background essential to meet the needs of the corporate HR department in the 21st century. This certificate program is appropriate for both newcomers to the human resources field and those with some experience but who are seeking to keep current in the field or expand their knowledge base.
The purpose of this unit is to familiarize learners with evolution of human resources from personnel management and the knowledge, understanding of the human resource management role and function within the key areas of resourcing, reward, development and relations.
This course will enable the learner to achieve the following skills and knowledge:
- Analyze the traditional personnel management with the new approach of Human resource Management to achieve organizational objectives
- Evaluate the human resource procedures and ways for recruiting and selecting appropriate employees in an organization
- Analyze factors and procedures used in assessing human resource requirements and monitoring / compensating / rewarding employees suitably.
- Analyze the human resources function and principles used for exit of employees from the organization
- Personnel management and the new approach of human resource management:
- HRM function
- Training and Development
- Performance Appraisal
- Law and procedures for recruiting and selecting appropriate employees
- Assessing Employee needs
- Recruitment Policies and Procedures
- Laws of Recruitment
- Procedures for analyzing employee performance reward / compensation management
- Rights and function of HR on exit and termination of employees
Students applying for the program would benefit more readily if they meet with one of the following :
- An appropriate Diploma
- An appropriate professional qualification
Mature executives who do not possess the above mentioned qualification but with substantial experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Student progress is monitored by continuous assessment. A variety of assessment methods will be used, for example, assignments, business style reports, case studies, logbooks, observations, oral presentations, personal audits, portfolios, role-play and projects. Students are graded at either Distinction, Merit, Pass or Fail
Length of Course
The program consists of 12 weeks of part-time study in the evenings (once every week). Lectures are supplemented with case studies, group projects and discussions throughout the program. Students share their experiences with other students to enhance their expertise in a range of areas, including competency in the common body of knowledge for human resource professionals.
Students who successfully complete the program will be awarded with the unit Certificate in Executive Human Resources Management by Edexcel, London UK.
Status of Qualification
Advanced vocational qualification. Students may progress into the BTEC Advanced Diploma in Executive Human Resource Management or the BTEC Advanced Diploma in Executive Business Management.
AED 3,000/- for the entire program inclusive of Registration, books,
course materials, assessment, evaluations and the final
How to Apply
Centre for Executive Education
F12-14, Block # 6 Knowledge Village
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Tel: +971-4 390-0990 Fax: +9714 366-4684
Edexcel London, UK
Edexcel International has the widest range of academic and vocational qualifications available to schools, college and organizations worldwide. Edexcel is the largest international awarding body that is approved by the official UK authorities, the Qualification Curriculum Authority (QCA). As such our centres can be confident that their students are meeting rigorous standards of achievement, giving them the education and professional progression of their choice.
Edexcel – a passport to opportunity
BTEC qualifications are designed to produce students ready for the workplace or a degree program. Employers worldwide appreciate career-specific courses that keep up with the cutting edge of technology and latest industry practices. Universities recognize and understand the BTEC brand as a global guarantee of achievement. Students enjoy the work-related content because it provides important practical knowledge and skills that will enable them to secure the jobs they want. The employed enjoy the vocational content because they can retrain or gain higher level qualifications whilst in work.
In terms of scale:
- Edexcel qualifications are available in over 4000 schools, 450+ further education colleges, 100 higher education institutes, 500 employer organizations and 300 training providers in the UK
- There are over 2.5 million entries and registrations for Edexcel courses each year
- Over 1.5 million certificates are printed annually
- 400,000 students receive BTEC qualifications each year
- Edexcel operates in over 100 Countries around the world from Australia to Zimbabwe.
- To support Edexcel qualifications, we provide professional training and development for around 33,300 teachers and lecturers each year.