||Certificate in Human Resource Strategy
(Awarded by the Edexcel London, UK)
Fact: CEE has achieved an 'A' grade in its External Verification report by Edexcel UK for 2009-12.
The purpose of this unit is to deal with the interaction between strategy and human resources as approached from a general managerial perspective. It provides learners with a comprehensive overview of human resource issues applied to the most current technological advances and up-to-date investments in human resource practices.
The conceptual framework for this unit is composed of a mission statement and nine components corresponding to individual sub-units that draw from the principles of human-capital theory, strategic management, strategic planning, environmental analysis, human resource planning, strategy implementation, and principles of evaluation. It also incorporates principles of rational and comprehensive strategic planning. The frame work begins with an assumption that the company has a mission of obtaining an appropriate rate of return for shareholders while complying with the interests of the company's other stakeholders, including employees and governmental agencies.
This course will enable the learner to achieve the following skills and knowledge:
- Examine and understand the investment perspective in Human Resources
- Analyze and reach an Informed awareness of environmental trends (general and legal environment)
- Analyze the integration of Strategic HR within the strategy formulation
- Examining the principles of Human Resources Planning
- Evaluate Strategy Implementation in line with workforce utilization and reward schemes
- Human Resource Investment Considerations, Investments in Training and Development
- Investment Practices for Improved Retention, Investments in Job-Secure Workforces
- Technology and Organizational Structure
- Employment Opportunity, Compensation, Employee Relations Strategic Impact of the Legal Environment
- Importance of Human Resources to Strategy, Theoretical Foundations International Strategy, Human Resource Contributions to Strategy
- The Strategic Role of Human Resource Planning, Overview, Managerial Issues in Planning
- Integration of Strategy and Human Resource Planning, The Human Resource Manager and Strategic Planning
- Forecasting Techniques, Forecasting the Supply of Human Resources Forecasting the Demand for Human Resources
- Workforce Utilization
- Reward Schemes
Students applying for the program would benefit more readily if they meet with one of the following :
- An appropriate Diploma
- An appropriate professional qualification
Mature executives who do not possess the above mentioned qualification but with substantial experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Student progress is monitored by continuous assessment. A variety of assessment methods will be used, for example, assignments, business style reports, case studies, logbooks, observations, oral presentations, personal audits, portfolios, role-play and projects. Students are graded at either Distinction, Merit, Pass or Fail
Length of Course
The program consists of 12 weeks of part-time study in the evenings (once every week). Lectures are supplemented with case studies, group projects and discussions throughout the program. Students share their experiences with other students to enhance their expertise in a range of areas, including competency in the common body of knowledge for human resource professionals.
Students who successfully complete the program will be awarded with the unit Certificate in Human Resource Strategy by Edexcel, London UK.
Status of Qualification
Advanced vocational qualification. Students may progress into the BTEC Advanced Diploma in Executive Human Resource Management or the BTEC Advanced Diploma in Executive Business Management.
AED 3,000/- for the entire program inclusive of Registration, books,
course materials, assessment, evaluations and the final
How to Apply
Centre for Executive Education
F12-14, Block # 6 Knowledge Village
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Tel: +971-4 390-0990 Fax: +9714 366-4684
Edexcel London, UK
Edexcel International has the widest range of academic and vocational qualifications available to schools, college and organizations worldwide. Edexcel is the largest international awarding body that is approved by the official UK authorities, the Qualification Curriculum Authority (QCA). As such our centres can be confident that their students are meeting rigorous standards of achievement, giving them the education and professional progression of their choice.
Edexcel – a passport to opportunity
BTEC qualifications are designed to produce students ready for the workplace or a degree program. Employers worldwide appreciate career-specific courses that keep up with the cutting edge of technology and latest industry practices. Universities recognize and understand the BTEC brand as a global guarantee of achievement. Students enjoy the work-related content because it provides important practical knowledge and skills that will enable them to secure the jobs they want. The employed enjoy the vocational content because they can retrain or gain higher level qualifications whilst in work.
In terms of scale:
- Edexcel qualifications are available in over 4000 schools, 450+ further education colleges, 100 higher education institutes, 500 employer organizations and 300 training providers in the UK
- There are over 2.5 million entries and registrations for Edexcel courses each year
- Over 1.5 million certificates are printed annually
- 400,000 students receive BTEC qualifications each year
- Edexcel operates in over 100 Countries around the world from Australia to Zimbabwe.
- To support Edexcel qualifications, we provide professional training and development for around 33,300 teachers and lecturers each year.